Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.
MnTAP has developed a number of reports to share information learned through grant and other special projects. These reports are provided in detail below.
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Studies (2010).
This study reflects MnTAP’s analysis of energy use by manufacturers in eight utility service areas and identifies industrial energy efficiency opportunities and energy benchmarks. Funded by the Minnesota Department of Commerce’s Office of Energy Security.
- MnTAP Ethanol Benchmarking and Best Practices (2008).
This study provides an overview of the ethanol production process and some information on potential environmental issues related to the process and introduces some concepts for improvements in the use of resources including energy, water, and reducing environmental impacts. [PDF 441KB]
- Consolidating Energy Efficiency (E2) with Pollution Prevention (P2) for Minnesota’s Industrial Facilities (2007).
Under this 18-month grant supported by U.S. EPA Region V, MnTAP used the Accelerated Diffusion of Pollution Prevention Technologies (ADOP2T) model to assist metal casters. [PDF 110KB]
- Pollution Prevention Support for Multimedia Inspections (2007).
Combining 39 multimedia inspections of hospitals in Greater Minnesota with pollution prevention assistance resulted in almost 15% of the facilities implementing pollution prevention changes. Those facilities reduced 4,850 pounds of waste, plus 7,638 grams of mercury, to save $72,800. [PDF 139KB]
- P2 for Industrial Wastewater Dischargers in the Upper Mississippi River Basin Using City-wide Inventories (2005).
MnTAP worked in partnership with operators of wastewater treatment plants to provide pollution prevention outreach and implementation assistance to industrial users of municipal treatment systems in the Upper Mississippi River Basin. During the course of this two-year project with McKnight Foundation support, MnTAP helped companies reduce phosphorus, BOD and TSS. [PDF 104KB]
- Demonstrating P2 at Health Care Facilities Using Hospitals for a Healthy Environment (H2E) Products (2004).
MnTAP used the tools of H2E to demonstrate the effectiveness of pollution prevention at health care facilities. As a result, at least 34 Minnesota health care facilities were engaged in documented pollution prevention efforts at some level. Results are included in this report. [PDF 112KB]
- Cost Effective Pollution Prevention Strategies to Reduce Phosphorus in the Minnesota and Lower Mississippi River Basins (2002).
MnTAP worked in partnership with operators of wastewater treatment plants to provide pollution prevention outreach and implementation assistance to industrial users of municipal treatment systems in southern Minnesota. [PDF 124KB]