Air Resources & Tools
- MPCA awarded $50,000 in small business grants to defray the cost of implementing VOC reduction in 2016. Another grant round may occur in 2018. Sign up for Environmental Assistance Grants email updates to be notified when future grant funds are announced.
- MPCA Small Business Environmental Improvement Loan Programs – Up to $50,000 funding available to help small businesses purchase equipment that meets or exceeds environmental regulations or for the investigation and clean-up of contamination; Interest rate: 4% or 1/2 prime (whichever is greater).
- City of Minneapolis Business Two Percent Loan Program – Up to $50,000 financing to small Minneapolis businesses (retail, service or light manufacturing) to purchase equipment and/or to make building improvements.
- Minnesota OSHA Workplace Safety Consultation Safety Grant Program – Funding up to $10,000 to qualifying employers for projects designed to reduce the risk of injury and illness to their workers.
- MnTAP will assist with grant, loan, and cost share applications to help develop proposals and estimate expected reductions. Contact Jon Vanyo at 612-624-4683 or email@example.com for assistance. Refer to these VOC reduction ideas for changes that you might make when applying for a grant proposal.
- Ramsey County Business Loan Program – Gap financing to for-profit commercial, industrial, or service start-ups or expanding businesses located in or moving to Ramsey County. Loans may be made for capital equipment.
Health Effects Resources
- Smog, Ozone, Health (AirNow EPA)
- Ozone and your Health Report (EPA)
- Heart Disease, Stroke, and Outdoor Air Pollution (EPA, et.al)
- VOCs and Health ( Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- VOC Technical Overview (EPA)
- VOCs (MDH)
- Ozone Health Effects (EPA)
- Ground level Ozone (EPA)
Air Alerts Resources
- Current Minnesota Air Quality Index (MPCA)
- Be Air Aware (MDH, MPCA)
- AirNow – national air quality (EPA)
General Air Quality Resources
- 2014 Pollution Report to the Legislature
- Ozone (MPCA)
- General Air Quality in Minnesota (MPCA)
- Clean Air Dialog Report
- 2013 legislative report on MN air quality
MnTAP Project Lead
MnTAP Project Areas
- Jane Paulson – Degreasing
612-624-1826 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mick Jost – Auto Refinishing
612-624-4694 | email@example.com
- Paul Pagel – Industrial Painting
612-624-4638 | firstname.lastname@example.org
MPCA Small Business Assistance
- Eric David
651-757-2218 | email@example.com
City of Minneapolis
- Patrick Hanlon
612-673-2319 | Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org