Krysta joined MnTAP in 2007 and in 2010 was named the Assistant Director. In that position, she continues to manage the intern program and the communications team at MnTAP, but also provides significant input on MnTAP’s activities. She routinely works on grant proposals, manages or co-manages major grant-funded projects, and helps develop MnTAP’s mission and vision.
In her role as intern program coordinator, Krysta works closely with a variety of companies who are interested and involved in the intern program. She helps companies understand the program, complete a project proposal, and prepare for and host their student. She also works with MnTAP technical specialists on scoping and selecting projects, advising student interns, and following-up on implementation. Once projects have been selected each year, Krysta recruits, interviews, and hires students for each project.
While managing MnTAP’s communications team, Krysta ensures that all documents are of the highest quality and provide MnTAP’s clients with the information they need. She also manages the writing and editing of large reports, Web sites, and other deliverables. In 2008, she led two video projects, one of which was awarded a Maroon Award by the University of Minnesota Communicators Forum. Her past experience as a technical writer for an engineering consulting company and work as a public relations specialist have provided her with the ability to write and edit technical information for a variety of audiences.
Education / Training
- Master of Arts in Rhetoric and Professional Communication, Iowa State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Buena Vista University
- Project Management Training
- Effective Grant and Proposal Writing
- Situational Leadership Training
- University of Minnesota Communicators Forum
- Twin Cities InDesign Users Group
- Steps to Greening Your Business
- Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency Opportunities for Minnesota Businesses
- Using Interns to Save Money and Reduce Waste and Energy
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.