email@example.com | 612–624–4694
Mick has spent his +40 year work career involved in various kinds of environmental work, including utility installation, environmental site remediation, emergency spill response, and the last 25 years in pollution prevention project management at MnTAP. Mick assists facilities within the metal casting and transportation maintenance industries and also leads projects involved with industrial process water conservation. Major technical projects Mick has lead at MnTAP include managing the metro area materials exchange from 1996-1999, two contracts with the Department of Military Affairs (DMA) analyzing the heavy equipment maintenance operations of the Minnesota Army National Guard from 2003-2005, and again in 2009-2010.
Work with the Metropolitan Council water supply planning group on two projects- investigating metro-area private industrial well water use, industrial water conservation in the north and east ground water management area.
Education / Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Training in Department of Energy and Association of Energy Engineers topics including fans, compressed air, motors, and process heating
- Spray paint training from Iowa Waste Reduction Center Technical training through American Foundry Society and the North American Die Casting Association
- (Past) Registered Environmental Manager
- (Past) Heath Certified Underground Storage Tank Tester
- (Past) Hazmat-trained Level A
- American Foundry Society (AFS)
- North American Die Casting Association (NADCA)
- Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency in Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency in Metal Casting Facilities
- Industrial process water conservation