**All positions for 2017 have been filled!
We look forward to working with your facility on developing an intern project! We typically recruit companies from November through January each year; however, we look forward to talking with you about potential projects throughout the year. If you are interested in an intern project, be sure to call Nathan Landwehr, MnTAP's intern program administrator, at 612-624-4697.
When thinking about your potential intern project, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Determine what waste reduction/energy efficiency problem you would like to solve at your facility.
- Review the project and eligibility requirements to ensure that your facility is eligible to host an intern.
- Review the project proposal to determine what information MnTAP will need to know about your facility and project.
- Determine if your facility is able to provide a cost-share for this project.
- All positions for 2017 have been filled!
Complete the Intern Project Proposal to outline your proposed MnTAP intern project. MnTAP staff members can work with you to develop a project for your facility that fits within our program’s requirements. A facility walk through is required to evaluate projects for acceptance.
Once project proposals are received, MnTAP staff members will work with you to further scope the project for evaluation. Projects are then evaluated and scored based upon the following criteria:
- Waste reduction/energy conservation potential
- Company interest and commitment
- Application to other Minnesota businesses
- Work site quality
- Company ability to cost share
If your project is chosen, your MnTAP contact and the intern administrator will work with you to move on to the next steps of preparing for the intern.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.