The Path to Green: Twelve Tips to Get Started
We often get questions about how to help businesses “go green.” The twelve tips in these Web pages will help you think about what going green means for your facility. We address issues like water conservation, energy efficiency, smart use of resources, purchasing practices, and Lean, among others.
- Reduce waste and emissions
- Reuse and recover
- Conserve water
- Increase energy efficiency
- Incorporate Lean methods
- Implement environmentally preferable purchasing practices
- Green your supply chain
- Analyze your carbon footprint
- Use smart transportation
- Investigate LEED—Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- Use renewable energy
- Engage in community environmental education
This is not meant to be inclusive, but rather get you thinking about making changes within your facility. Each link takes you to a page with more information about the topic, company examples, and resources for more information.