From 10:00 until 4:30
At Mayo Memorial Auditorium, U of MN
425 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
MN Climate Forum: Conversations with Policy and Industry Leaders
Where do business and policy intersect in the fight against climate change?
Join sustainability leaders for a day of peer-to-peer sharing of actions and realities in mitigating climate change and adapting for a better future for our environment and public health. Business and non-profit leaders, researchers, sustainability professionals, policy experts, students, and anyone interested in the intersection of public and private efforts to address climate change are invited. Listen and engage with two panels: one with experts from the policy, advocacy, and legal fields and another with Minnesota industry leaders from healthcare, consumer products, commercial real estate, and water, hygiene and energy technology and services.
Panelists will showcase their specific impact and achievements in reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Minnesota, define the obstacles inherent to their company and industry, and lay out their goals for future, scalable climate action.
Following the panel discussions, stay for our networking happy hour to reflect on perspectives and strategies and connect with fellow attendees and speakers.
10 - 10:30 am Registration / Check-in
10:30-10:45 am Opening remarks:
Susan Craddock, PhD, Director, Center for Bioethics, Andrew Jameton, PhD, Professor Emeritus, University of Nebraska Medical Center
10:45 am-12:30 Public Sector Panel
Moderated by Joel Wu, JD, MPH, MA, Fellow, Clinical Ethics Dept, Children's Minnesota, Senior Lecturer, Senior Fellow, Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, UMN
- Leili Fatehi, JD, Owner and Principal, Apparatus Public Affairs; Adjunct Associate Professor of Law, UMN Law School
- J. Drake Hamilton, Science Policy Director, Fresh Energy
- Kristin Raab, Health Impact Assessment and Climate Change Program Director, Minnesota Dept of Health
- Ben Lilliston, Director of Corporate Strategies and Climate Change, Institute for Agriculture & Trade Policy (IATP)
12:30-1:15 pm Lunch
1:15-3 pm Private Sector Panel
Moderated by Jennifer Schmitt, Program Director and Lead Scientist, NorthStar Initiative at the Institute on the Environment, UMN
- Jeff Thompson, MD, Former Chief Executive Officer, Gundersen Health System
- Catherine Gunsbury, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, General Mills
- David Bergstrom, CPM, FMA, RPA, Chief Operating Officer, Wellington Management
3 - 3:15 pm Synopsis and Closing Remarks
3:15 - 4:30 pm Happy Hour